Teknologi pendidikan adalah kajian dan praktik untuk membantu proses belajar dan meningkatkan kinerja dengan membuat, menggunakan, dan mengelola proses dan sumber teknologi yang memadai. Istilah teknologi pendidikan sering dihubungkan dengan teori belajar dan pembelajaran. Bila teori belajar dan pembelajaran mencakup proses dan sistem dalam belajar dan pembelajaran, teknologi pendidikan mencakup sistem lain yang digunakan dalam proses mengembangkan kemampuan manusia.
Berikut beberapa defenisi teknologi pendidikan
- systematic way of designing, implementing, and evaluating the total process of of learning and teaching in terms of specific objectives, based on research in human learning and communication and employing a combination of human and non human resources to bring about more effective instruction (Commission on Instructional Technology, 1970)
- Educational Technology is a field involved in the facilitation of human learning through the systematic identification, development, organization and utilization of full range of learning resources and through the management of these process (AECT, 1972)
- Instructional Technology is the research in and application of behavioral science and learning theories and the use of a systems approach to analyze, design, develop, implement, evaluate and manage the use of technology to assist in the solving of learning or performance problems. The term instructional technology is often used interchangeably with the term educational technology, but instructional technology often has more emphasis on the scientific and systems approach of instructional problem solving while educational technology focuses more on the craft or art of using technology to support learning
- a systematic way of designing, implementing and evaluating the total process of learning and teaching in terms of specific objectives, based on research in human learning and communication and employing a combination of human and non-human resources to bring about more effective instruction” (U.S. Commission on Instructional Technology definition).
- Educational technology is the study and ethical practice of facilitating learning and improving performance by creating, using, and managing appropriate technological processes and resources (AECT, 2004)